Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default comparing over the range microwave vs vent hood

On Jan 4, 9:59*am, "LPLZ" u40406@uwe wrote:
Hi. I was wondering if anyone can help me in determining the how effective
the OTR microwave is in taking away smoke/odor/grease compared to the vent
hood. I know that that hood is far superior to the microwave in all respects.
We will have a vent that leads outside of the house. We are leaning towards
the microwave only because it saves us a lot of space. We are wondering what
is the maximum amount of burners used for the over the range microwave to
work at its Maximum effectiveness to remove the smoke/smell/grease.

Thank you so very much for your time.

Happy New Year!

If I were looking I would go to Broan and find the CFM specs of the
different models