Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default CCW stops robbery...lucky!

Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

You know what's funny, though? I've noticed in the news that a lot
of people who get shot in the face are described as having non life
threatening injuries. Of course, that's all the info we get, so we
don't know what caliber they were shot with.

What matters is where the shot entered,it's angle of entry and exit.

people may get a face shot that just rips up their jaw or teeth and
cheek,passes thru.That may be disfiguring and HURT like hell,but not "life-
threatening".Even losing an eye is not always "life-threatening'.

Still, it's strange.

That is the cop's mantra, although that is new from my time. Two
in
body mass, hopefully the heart, one in the head (not face) in case
body armor is involved, as it is more and more. In that order.

A cop could probably get away with a head shot after a disabling double
tap,but it's a risk for a civvie.

Encountering robbers with body armor is thankfully,still uncommon.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik