Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default CCW stops robbery...lucky!

(Doug Miller) wrote in
. net:

In article , jJim
McLaughlin wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:

SNIP

I would have just shot the robber;2 rounds to the center of body.

You might want to think about that. Incident was in Indiana, IIRC,
not Texas.

Not a problem. Indiana law allows the use of deadly force not only in
self-defense, but in the defense of others also.

these days,robbers often shoot people *after they have complied*,for no
reason,and witnesses or bystanders too.

I'm NOT REQUIRED to act as a police officer and demand they surrender,and
it's too big a risk (and STUPID!!) to let THEM have the first shot.

Their drawing and threatening with a gun puts me at risk just as much as
the one they are pointing the gun at.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik