Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default VGA Splitters

Tim Phipps wrote:
Ron(UK) wrote:
I know it`s slightly off topic here, but I find myself with a need to
drive two flat panel monitors from one computer - Simple advertising
display, the screens will be within a couple of metres of each other
and probably three metres from the computer. Does anyone have
experience with passive splitters? will they suffice or do I need to
look at active devices?

Ron(UK)

I assume you are talking about analogue VGA and not DVI connection.

With the old monitors that had seperate BNC connectors you could switch
off the built-in 75ohm termination on all but the last one and daisy
chain them with T-pieces. Generally you cannot do this with modern
monitors on HD15 connections. Using a passive split would probably
degrade the output noticably.

I just had the CPC mailing through the door today - they have active 2
way splitters for £17.98 plus VAT, order code CS0798401.

Thanks for that, yes I mean standard computer monitors. Output doesn't
have to be perfect, it`s just some advertising. I haven't had my weeky
fix from CPC yet, some closet reading to look forward to.

Ron(UK)