Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default lawn damage repair question

On Jan 3, 5:22*pm, "TinMan" wrote:
had an idiot lawn guy drive his lawn tractor on my
lawn.

now i have tractor tire imprints on my lawn ! (it was
wet at the time, just rained). some sections actually
have the grass torn up w/soil/mud visible - other
sections only have the grass crushed, but visibly
showing the fact someone drove on it.

how should this be repaired ? i google'd some sites
but it's a bit inconclusive. and i need to confirm
whatever "repair" is offered up, will fix the damage.

i'd like the contractor to fix it right now - and not
have it defaced until spring.

any ideas ?

(i'm in ocean county NJ, and i believe it's kentucky
blue grass).

Hi,

I think it is too cold now for grass to grow. So I would do the
following.

Now:

1) Put back any loose chunks as best you can.
2) Press down by walking on the area to smooth over as best you can

Spring:

1) Spread a little top soil compost over the affected area. You still
want the existing grass to show through. So nto too much
2) Sprinkle some lawn seed, remember to match the grass that you have.
3) Sprinkle some starter fertilizer
4) Cover with some burlap sack cloth / shade screen.
5) Set up a sprinkler to water three times a day for 15-20 mins

This I think should fix it up.

All the best, Mike.