Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default How can I automatically tap 500 holes in 5/16-18 thread size using a hand drill or drill press?

wrote in message
Roger, Vaughn, and Steamer, this aluminum profile is heavy duty there
is no way you could use self tapping bolts, rivenuts or Formdrill on
it. My friend jokingly says the aluminum has steel in it. It is that
heavy.

You can use self tapping screws on steel. The only time you will have an
issue is if the hole is not the appropriate size for the screw, otherwise
they will work just fine.

--
Roger Shoaf