Posted to alt.video.digital-tv,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
~consul ~consul is offline

Default Are all digital receivers created equally?

and thus inscribed ...
On Jan 2, 7:58 pm, wrote:
3. Assuming many of the VCR/DVD combos are cheap POS units, is it
possible/practical to cannibalize the digital tuner from them?

You can get digital tuners on the surplus market (ebay),. A friend has
a Samsung that had HDMI, but also can drive a standard PC monitor.

On my computer I use the Hauppauge USB HD tuner, it ran for about $75 last year, and it works great at pulling both HD and SD feeds. I use it on my computer which is also hooked up to my large LCD tv, so it's fine to watch.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here, at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, Jameson Stalanthas Yu -x- poetry.dolphins-cove.com