Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default CCW stops robbery...lucky!

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
Dave Bugg wrote:
I never carry with a live round in the chamber. It's a safety thing. If I
have to deploy, I would be racking and removing the safety.

It depends on what you carry. I have a Kel-Tec P11 in 9mm that has no
safety at all and I carry it with one round up the snout. The P11 has
about a 10 pound trigger and there's no way you'll ever accidentally pop
off a round, even with adrenalin coursing through your system. It will
take an active decision to shoot. And even if the pistol were to jam (it
doesn't) I know I'd get at least the first round off without incident.
And then I have 10 more rounds if I need them....

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

I've got the KelTec 3AT, and consider it very safe for the same reasons.

Steve