Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default CCW stops robbery...lucky!

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
JC wrote:

I don't see anything in the article that indicates that his weapon was
unloaded. Many times I will rack just to make sure. So, perhaps he
ejected one while injecting another. Maybe he racked for effect. Lots
of ifs and maybes here. Anyhow, all's well that ends well.

I never carry with a live round in the chamber. It's a safety thing. If I
have to deploy, I would be racking and removing the safety.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

All my CCW weapons are carried with a live round in the chamber. Why on
earth would one NOT have a live round in the chamber? Modern weapons have
new designs where they will not discharge if dropped on the hammer. On
older weapons, that was why it was carried on a dry hole. With some
semiautos, it takes quite a bit of effort to load the first shell. And a
bit of time, too, which could make all the difference. I carry my semi-auto
with one in the chamber, hammer down, with 17 behind it. It takes a full
trigger squeeze to fire the first round, and then it will shoot as fast as
you can pull the trigger.

Carrying on empty? What do you do, say wait a minute while I load?

Steve