Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default 2008 Pres

"Dave Bugg" wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote:

Armchair Monday morning quarterbacking.

Nope. I wrote the letter nearly three years ago, after frustration
upon frustration in trying to get a response via my congressional
delegate and senators.

you know,after Pearl Harbor and the beginning of WW2 in
Europe,things went bad for a few years,then generals were
changed,and things turned around. And that is what has happened
here in Iraq.

It's been happened because of the surge. That theater-wide positive
turnaround, due to the increase in troops, is ample proof that what
I wrote was right. And in my opinion, we still have far fewer boots
on the ground than we should have.

not just because of more troops,but also the manner in which they are
deployed,and how they act towards the Iraqi people.

And they couldn't be deployed in the new tactical strategy unless
there had been the increase of troops, ie The Surge. I have no idea
what you mean by 'how they act toward the Iraqi people'.

Petraeus stationed the US surge troops AMONG the Iraqis,in their cities,not
at a heavily guarded "forward" base. The US troops are instructed to treat
the Iraqis with respect,not treat them ALL as enemies or "ragheads".They
got to KNOW the Iraqis,on a daily basis.That is what convinced the Iraqis
that the US troops were the lesser of 2 evils,and that they were far better
off helping the US troops against Al-Qaida.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik