Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

"Cathy F." wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Cathy F." wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

Does any of that make any sense at all ?

Yes. More Jerry Leadbetter's (of Good Neighbors AKA The Good Life) than
Basil's. Hopefully not as many Margo's - or Hyacinth Bucket's -as there
are Barbara Good's. ;-)

Cathy

Hyacinth Bucket's show was filmed in and around my town ...

Cool. I once made a pilgrimage of sorts to Surbiton, trying to locate
"The Avenue" - just in case the address was relatively real vs.
fictitious. Found Surbiton w/no problems, but The Avenue... (But we'd
lumped it in w/Hampton Ct. Palace & Windsor Castle/Eton as a day trip, so
was a satisfying day anyway.)

Had much better luck out in Cornwall, plenty of Poldark locations.
Stippy Stappy, the folly at Port Quin, Trerice...

Cathy

That would be because it wasn't actually filmed in Surbiton. Most of the
location work was done in the town of Northampton, which is in the Midlands,
about 60 miles north of London. As a matter of interest, my younger daughter
lives down there by Hampton Court. She is at Kingston University studying
art. Some really quite famous people have pads down there by the side of the
river. Don't know if he still does, but Mick Jagger had a place down there.
Dave Gilmour from Pink Floyd lives there too, and has a large barge
permanently parked at his bit of waterfront, which contains his personal
recording studio. The boat is called the Astoria, and was originally built
for the famous impressario Fred Karno.

Arfa