Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Honda Co-Generation Unit

ransley wrote:

On Jan 3, 10:04 am, hobbes wrote:
Hi,

I was just wondering if in the USA anyone has one of these units? What
it is is a small One Cylinder engine, with electrical power generation
(1kw) and hot water heater heating (2.8 kw).

It is sort of efficient in that it unlike normal standby power
generation, alot of the heat is used for heating and hot water, just
line he Steam heat supplied in Manhattan New York.

Best, Mike.

http://world.honda.com/news/2004/c041020.html

If you were off the grid it would be interesting try
alt.energy.homepower for off grid people that know about these
things. I believe it is very expensive.

If it has the Honda name, it's inherently expensive.

I believe at lest some of the folks on the a.e.h. group are in northern
"heat all the time" climates and do similar homebrew co-gen setups.