Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default Oil Furnace to Electric Furnace

On Jan 3, 7:45*am, "SteveC" wrote:
We currently have an Oil burning funace heating Hot Water radiant
baseboards. *Oil is getting expensive where we live, $0.88 cents per liter.
We are thinking of adding an Electric Furnace to the existing Oil Furnace,
sort of Hybrid system, Just in case I guess. *Electicity is $0.09 cents a
KWh, which is not too bad, for now. *We always get price hikes though and
could rise. *I know that an Electric furnace is 100% Efficient, which is
better then the 80% or so efficiency of the oil furnace.

Anyway, anyone have any advice or things to watch out for, makes/models are
best?

I live in Newfoundland, Canada if that matters.

--
Steve

Hi,

If you have propane. Maybe one of these will do the trick. Heat and
Power for your home from .... Honda... yup the car maker ....

Best, Mike.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007..._and_clima.php