Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default 2008 Pres

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:kurtullman-
:

In article ,
wrote:

No, we stayed there bombing them almost every day for a decade.
It was our military presence in the islamic countries bombing them
with impunity whenever we liked that got those people so ****ed off at
us ...
until Islam showed is they could give us some "death from the air" too
on 9-11. That was when we stopped seeing the bombsight photos on CNN.

Of course Iraq was hardly considered an islamic country. It was the
most secular country in the area. What generally ****es off the radical
islamist is not that we bombed Iraq but that we are NOT islamic. Al
Queda, etc., are on record as they won't be happy until the entire world
is under Islamic rule. So, if you don't want to **** off the fringe that
are making all the noise, you pretty much have to convert.

"fringe"?? much of the Islamics that have moved to Western nations support
those "fringe" elements.Even in the US.Osama has become a very popular name
for newborn Islamic boys,IIRC,only 2nd to Mohammed.It's a basic tenet of
Islam that infidels must convert,submit and pay the "jizya" tax,or be
killed.

BTW: Saw bombsight photos on CNN right up to toppling of SH. They
just lost interest for awhile.

Then we would be 17 years into the same quagmire we are in now. Maybe
20,000 dead American soldiers and still nothing to show for it.

The stats show least dead this year. We are starting to turn the
corner.

I am old enough to remember Vietnam and the thing we learned there was
military power can't stop a motivated insurgency. The US never lost a
battle but they lost the war.
We just forgot.

No,the liberals undermined the war effort and we GAVE UP,just retreated(and
withdrew promised support to the SVN) like they want us to do now.And the
result was the boat people,the kiling fields of Cambodia,many millions of
peoples deaths and misery.And that will be the result if we give up
now,probably on a larger scale.

Actually what we learned was not to try to do these things on the
cheap. We had to relearn it of course in Iaq.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik