Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default What causes voltage to be too low?

Get an analog volt meter. I think you'll find drastically different reading
than what you're seeing on the digital. Then ask again.

"Reddwarf" wrote in message
I just purchased a home, and in the kitchen is a light that doesn't
work (there are others, with their own switches - that work)

the light that doesn't work has 33v going to it when I tested it with
a multimeter... if I flip the switch, it drops to like 18v. (i'm
testing the bulb holder) does anyone know what causes this? I haven't
looked much further down the line and traced the wiring... but I
thought someone might have some idea as to what causes this. i figured
in a house this small, it's either going to read 120v - or 0....

Thanks folks...

- Jay