Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Working with a designer who works with us....

Just Another Christmas Carol! wrote:
We're redoing our kitchen (entirely even!) and it's exciting but
overwhelming at the same time, so I thought it might be nice to work
with a designer; however, by our third meeting it was fairly clear
that we didn't quite speak the same language.

Undaunted, I contacted another designer recommended to me. Our first
meeting went well but by the end of our second sit down, I really
didn't feel as if she grasped the concept of what we were looking
for.

My husband and I sat down and asked ourselves some tough questions.
Were we as clear as we could be? Perhaps we had competing visions?
Were we ready for this? But I can't quite put my finger on what's
been going on.

I don't want a designer to come into my home and push their vision
of what my home should be. I want a designer that's going to sit
down with us, get to know us, and help us transform our kitchen to
our tastes, not theirs. It seems as if both of these women
pretended to listen to us (taste, preferences, budget), nodded
their heads in agreement, and offered us a design we couldn't
relate to.

Has anyone else had an experience like this or is it just us?

Carol B.

My experience with designers is that they are lawyer's wives who have
yet to discover real estate selling. To be fair, I did know a good
one. Once. Long ago.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...