Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default How much does speaker polarity matter?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

snip

You've only to compare a raw,
single mic/stereo recording in a concert hall, with the same concert
properly mixed in a studio.

How did we get to preferring artificial sound construction over the
amalgamated blend of sound heard in a hall? I prefer the direct-to-
wax from the pickup horn of jazz recordings in the 1920's over anything
mixed in the studio since 1955. The big band recordings in studios
done since the 1960s sound nothing like the dance hall experience
of the 1940s (or even bands on film for that matter) in part due to
the preferences of engineers at consoles. The only legitimate
in studio music in my opinion is disco/euro-disco, techno and
synth which is an art of the mixer in large part (I'll pretend
hip hop doesn't exit).

Regards,

Michael