Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How much does speaker polarity matter?

hath wroth:

Hi!

Right now, it's "high". I accidentally double dosed on the meds 2
nights ago and still feel rather "high" this morning. Wheeeee....

Try a test CD where a train or car goes from the left to right
speakers. If it sounds "real", then you got it right.

I must have it right then. Both speakers are wired exactly the same
way. I was careful to be sure of that and even used different colored
wire. The "+" lead is red while the "-" is black. Stereo separation is
excellent, and sounds that do move "across" from one speaker to the
other do sound "real". In fact, it's quite surprising how good the
sound really is. The speakers are small, so they don't have a whole
lot of bass, but otherwise the sound is good, if a bit centered on the
midrange.

Sounds right. I have a pair of microphones plugged into a dual
channel scope (Tek 422) which I used for checking the phase on speaker
systems. A tone to all speakers and a Lissajous pattern works well. I
found one 5.1 systems that arrives stock frome the factory with the
phasing all wrong. Sigh.

I forgot to mail you the PS2 boards. I also found some Dallas
clock blobs. Sorry. Still want them?

Yep. Dallas clock blobs (!!!) are also interesting. I have been
reworking them...maybe I mentioned that.

I have 4ea Dallas blobs for you. Maybe more. I'll get everything
packaged up and mailed next week. My appologies for the delay.
(Excuse: The boxes got stored by the hired help in the back of the
closet and were instantly forgotten).

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558