Posted to rec.woodworking
N Hurst N Hurst is offline

Default Simple wood-chisel question.

On Jan 3, 8:59 am, Mike wrote:
What is the correct response when you find that your wife has been using a
1/4" wood chisel to pry open paint cans?

Bonus question: She asked me why the tip had the little plastic cover.

I'd consider it karma that has come knocking a little early. I was a
bit of a rascal when it came to horsing around with my dad's tools,
and my son's too young yet to be getting into that kind of trouble.
I'm planning on putting a deadbolt or two and an alarm system on the
workshop when he's old enough to get into trouble.

That said, if it was irreparably damaged, I'd go to Lowes and spend $7
on another one. :-)

-Nathan