Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
woodworker88 woodworker88 is offline

Default 12vt compressors?

On Jan 1, 9:59 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

My personal favorite has always been surplus motors made by the
Chiaphua company, specifically their CIM division:
http://home.cclmotors.com/catalogcim.aspx They make the motors you
find in electric wheelchairs, automotive parts, electric appliances,
all sorts of stuff. Being affiliated with the FIRST robotics
competition, we get a fair selection each year. My favorite is
http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store...CIM-Motor.aspx,
~5000 no load rpm's, 343 oz-in of stall torque. CIM also makes a
motor originally used in minibikes, PM3010N2X-D111O, which is about
3000 rpms, 50-60 oz-inches. The ones we have came with, IIRC, XL
series timing belt pulleys and spring tensioners already installed.

For a compressor, a motor like EB4024N4X-A201R, designed for a
hydraulic pump, 1400 rpm, 103 oz-in would probably be ideal.