Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default 12vt compressors?

"Gunner" wrote in message
To the poster who mentioned GM cars have compressors..which models do
I look in, and where are they located?

Gunner, a mile from a Pick A Part

Gunner

Cadillac and Buick, for sure, came so equipped. I dare say even Olds,
Pontiac and, Chev would have them, although not every car..I believe the
feature was optional.

High end Ford uses them, too, but I haven't seen them. Ask the guys at
Pick A Part for cars that have the adjustable shocks. I'm not sure you'll
find the compressor in the same place on each vehicle, but it will be under
the hood, near or on the inner fenders is where I've found them. I've only
removed one, but have seen several. You can buy one new from the parts
department, but they're really proud of those little *******s. Well over
$100, as I recall.

They look very much like the ones you'd see in those little plastic cases,
sold at auto parts stores.

Harold