Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Edward Hennessey Edward  Hennessey is offline

Default Anybody in Florida? I need a favor.

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
In article ,
"Edward Hennessey" wrote:

"stagesmith" wrote in message
There is a kitchen range hood on eBay that I really want, but it is in
Lighthouse Point, Florida and the seller has it listed as local pickup
only.
I am looking for somebody willing to pick it up and ship it.
I am just curious as to how practical this may be.

Yes I can make one from scratch, but I have 2000 other projects going
right now.
I like the design of this one.

I live in Seattle.

email me if interested.

S:

Since nobody seems local, here's an idea. Shippers can arrange for
crating,
if that is required.
Shipping is pretty competitive but the crating/boxing part is where the
result seems spendy.
Next, see if there is a local college with a trade/woodworking
specialization. Call and ask
who handles student employment or call the head of the
woodworking/cabinet
making and
related departments. Tell them what you need, get a recommendation and
ask
what is fair to pay. This usually is much cheaper than the commercial
outfits (especially if a box or materials can be scavenged) and when you
work through a department head or other functionary you have a secondary
guarantee that your desired result will be more diligently pursued.

In other ways, this kind of thing has worked for me in the past.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

I contacted the seller and he is looking into shipping cost for an air
forwarding company near him.

E:

You might want to look at
www.freightquote.com. I've used them for obtaining
ground shipping and their service department has informed staff. They also
do air freight.
Another option is for you and your seller to find a company that allows
delivery and pickup
at airports, which option may be available on the freightquote interface.
That drastically
reduces your cost.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey