Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

"Wickeddoll" wrote in message

"Cathy F." ...

"Wickeddoll"...

"Arfa Daily" ...

snipped
I'm a shameless Anglophile. In fact, at this moment I'm watching
Dangermouse DVDs.

:-)

Natalie, hoping hubby's next base is in England

Well, that would be nice, especially if you like New England weather
and scenery. Have you visited here before ?

Sadly, I haven't been off the North American continent. :-P

I would guess that the liklihood of a posting here has diminished
considerably in recent years, as a number of the Anglo - American bases
have either closed down or been mothballed since the 'end (??)' of the
cold war. To the east of where I live right in the centre, all the way
across to the coast, it is very flat fenland, so good for runways. I
guess that this, coupled with the proximity to the european mainland, is
why all of the bases grew up there in the first place during WW

Yeah. But perhaps we can go to another European base, and have easy
access to Britain. We can dream.

That'd be cool. And now w/the EU, once in at point of entry, no more
passport/customs hassles. And except for the UK which is clinging to its
pounds & pence, no more currency changing, either. Someday I want to
take the Eurostar train from London to Paris - or vice-versa. Or
round-trip. ;-) City center to city center in under 3 hours. Works for
me. :-)

If you ever do get to Europe - my advice: go down to the Mediterranean -
its colors are *beautiful* - 3 shades of aqua/turquoise. So-o-o-o
soothing to just look at... I hadn't realized how gorgeous it was going
to be (I was in Nice, & along the coast to Monaco). Rivals Bermuda's
waters, & those I've seen in pics of the Caribbean. I was there in
mid-April - sunny, but not hot - just right (IMO): mid-70's.

Well, if we get stationed in Europe, we'll be there for all seasons, but I
doubt there is anyplace in Europe that's more miserably hot than Florida's
climate. Cold doesn't faze me at all - I love it!

Hot we can do. It's just not so miserably humid ... Oh, and most of Europe
has only just heard the words 'air conditioner', so you better be able to do
hot with no relief ! British Summers, when we get a good one, are really
pleasant. Temperature 70 to 80. Clear blue skies. Gentle south westerly
breeze, not too much humidity. Sometimes though, it can be very rainy for
weeks on end. Last year was a good example of that. The weather can be very
variable also. Because it is a relatively small island, a change of wind
direction can alter the temperature by 20 degrees in a day, and it can go
from a bright clear morning to a dull, heavy and overcast afternoon, with
threatening thunderheads, in the space of a couple of hours - bit like
Florida, really !!

Arfa