Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Edward Hennessey Edward  Hennessey is offline

Default Anybody in Florida? I need a favor.

"stagesmith" wrote in message
There is a kitchen range hood on eBay that I really want, but it is in
Lighthouse Point, Florida and the seller has it listed as local pickup
only.
I am looking for somebody willing to pick it up and ship it.
I am just curious as to how practical this may be.

Yes I can make one from scratch, but I have 2000 other projects going
right now.
I like the design of this one.

I live in Seattle.

email me if interested.

S:

Since nobody seems local, here's an idea. Shippers can arrange for crating,
if that is required.
Shipping is pretty competitive but the crating/boxing part is where the
result seems spendy.
Next, see if there is a local college with a trade/woodworking
specialization. Call and ask
who handles student employment or call the head of the woodworking/cabinet
making and
related departments. Tell them what you need, get a recommendation and ask
what is fair to pay. This usually is much cheaper than the commercial
outfits (especially if a box or materials can be scavenged) and when you
work through a department head or other functionary you have a secondary
guarantee that your desired result will be more diligently pursued.

In other ways, this kind of thing has worked for me in the past.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey