Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

On 2008-01-03 08:31:17 +0000, Roland Perry said:

In message , at 08:04:25 on Thu, 3 Jan
2008, Bob Mannix remarked:
It never failed to amzae me how often one got pulled up for being ten
minutes late, and never rewarded by staying 2 hours after time.

Maybe you should have stopped being amazed, then.

Explained to me as "everyone sees you come in ten minutes late, no-one
sees you leave two hours late".

Flexitime has several downsides but a huge upsize is that no-one bothers to
notice what time people come in as they know the hours are all recorded and
that it's all fair. They stop worrying about it and get on with the job! I'm
a convert and fan.

And today there are more part-time workers, so it's less easy to spot a
shirker.

Measure the results.