Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default cost of building a home

On Jan 2, 11:40 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
wrote in message

Hello everyone,

We are looking to build a 3000 sq ft home in Fl. 4-5 bedrooms 3 baths.
We are looking at some of the owner builder programs. Does anyone have
any advice on cost and how to go about hiring subs, making sure work
is done right?
About how much would a project like this cost?

Thanks in advance.
T. Stevenson

It's just like a girl on the stroll. How much is it going to cost?

Depends on what you want.

It's that simple.

Pretty much... depending upon what you know.

If you feel a need to inquire here, you might add 50%.

If you don't know what you're doing, I think it's best to buy an
existing home. If you want the education, build as much of it as you
can yourself, and be prepared to pay, perhaps dearly, for tuition.

If you're 25, that education might be worth it. If you're 55, cut 20
years off your life expectancy, and go ahead and die upon occupancy.
The savings in assisted living fess will please your heirs.
-----

- gpsman