Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default cost of building a home

Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,
" wrote:

Hello everyone,

We are looking to build a 3000 sq ft home in Fl. 4-5 bedrooms 3 baths.
We are looking at some of the owner builder programs. Does anyone have
any advice on cost and how to go about hiring subs, making sure work
is done right?
About how much would a project like this cost?

Thanks in advance.
T. Stevenson

A starting point for cost:

http://www.building-cost.net/

Hi,
Have any experinece with residential home construction and all the phase
of sub trade? If not I'd advice hiring trustworthy general contractor
who will oversee from A to Z in building your house. You have to specify
what you want precisely and honestly, every thing in writing. Good
communication is very important. After having built 5 houses and a
cabin, I learned quite a bit at least to know what's going on when house
is built. Also go green as much as you can for long term benefit.
Good luck,