Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Why Do Furnaces Break On the Coldest Holiday Night of the Year?

On Jan 2, 5:52 pm, Bubba wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:45:58 -0800 (PST), Big_Jake

wrote:
On Jan 2, 12:27 pm, Tony Sivori wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 12:45:22 -0500, Tony Sivori wrote:

The Internet. Secret lover. Fixer of furnaces at all hours and on
holidays too. Is there anything it cannot do?

Did you invoice yourself for the emergency service call?

I will now. What is a midnight holiday service run? $250 minimum?

--
Tony Sivori

A friend of mine called me on x-mas because a furnace was out at one
of her rentals. I told her I had family obligations and couldn't look
at it. She called a "medium" size local heating contractor. The
issue? Badly clogged Spaceguard filter. Cost? $225, without
changing the filter, just removing it. Replacing it would have been
$50 more.

JK

So what you are telling us is that YOU are not much of a friend?
Send your "friend" a check for $225 and an apology.
That should get you back in good standings.
Bubba

Any other x-mas, I would have been able to look at it. The OP asked
what a service call on a holiday costs from a pro, and I gave him the
information.

We're not on alt.hvac, are we? :-)

JK