Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default 2008 Pres

(Doug Miller) wrote in
et:

In article ,
wrote:

You also can't ignore that he kept the war boiling on the back burner
for his entire 8 years so itt was very easy for GW to ramp it up.
This is a 17 year old war now.

Correct so far...

We should have declared victory in 1991 when we had it and come HOME.

But here I disagree. "Declaring victory and coming home" is exactly
what we *did* do in 1991. What we *should* have done was to finish the
job and do right then, in 1991, what we inexplicably waited until 2003
to do.

except at THAT TIME(1991),we did not have any UN mandate for invasion or
regime change.Then,after 12 yrs and additional UN Resolutions(and failure
of the corrupt UN to act decisively),Bush rightly decided it was necessary
to act premptively.
If you look at secular Iraq as a key to fostering changes in
the other ME nations,it makes more sense.

Plus,we only recently had info on Iran's hidden nuclear programs.
It HAS become much clearer that Iran is waging war(by proxy) on the
US,Israel,and Lebanon.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik