Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default New Tile Floor - How to attach threshold?

I just finished tiling a bathroom. Now I need to install the
threshold. I tiled right up to the doorway where hardwood from the
other room begins. The threshold will sit on the wood. It is some
type of marble or stone.

How should it attach to the floor? I removed the old materials with a
BFH and the old threshold was just sitting on the wood. No glue or
thinset or mortar. How it didn't work loose in 40 years I don't know.

Thinset? Glue? Chewing gum? Gravity?

Thanks!