Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota
Cathy F. Cathy F. is offline

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

"Wickeddoll" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" ...

"Wickeddoll" ...

snipped
I'm a shameless Anglophile. In fact, at this moment I'm watching
Dangermouse DVDs.

:-)

Natalie, hoping hubby's next base is in England

Well, that would be nice, especially if you like New England weather and
scenery. Have you visited here before ?

Sadly, I haven't been off the North American continent. :-P

I would guess that the liklihood of a posting here has diminished
considerably in recent years, as a number of the Anglo - American bases
have either closed down or been mothballed since the 'end (??)' of the
cold war. To the east of where I live right in the centre, all the way
across to the coast, it is very flat fenland, so good for runways. I guess
that this, coupled with the proximity to the european mainland, is why all
of the bases grew up there in the first place during WW

Yeah. But perhaps we can go to another European base, and have easy
access to Britain. We can dream.

That'd be cool. And now w/the EU, once in at point of entry, no more
passport/customs hassles. And except for the UK which is clinging to its
pounds & pence, no more currency changing, either. Someday I want to take
the Eurostar train from London to Paris - or vice-versa. Or round-trip. ;-)
City center to city center in under 3 hours. Works for me. :-)

If you ever do get to Europe - my advice: go down to the Mediterranean - its
colors are *beautiful* - 3 shades of aqua/turquoise. So-o-o-o soothing to
just look at... I hadn't realized how gorgeous it was going to be (I was in
Nice, & along the coast to Monaco). Rivals Bermuda's waters, & those I've
seen in pics of the Caribbean. I was there in mid-April - sunny, but not
hot - just right (IMO): mid-70's.

If you get to the U.K. - go everywhere you can! Really diverse areas, for a
smallish place. ;-)

Cathy