Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

In message , at 02:17:00 on
Wed, 2 Jan 2008, magwitch remarked:

What's this obsession with colour lasers? Can't a pdf do the same job?

pdf's need someone with a computer to read them (and a situation where a
computer is usable). And when a document gets over a dozen pages even
that can be a headache. Here's a typical pdf that I'd find a great deal
easier to digest (and stick post-it notes on to highlight the important
parts I needed to relay to someone) on paper:

http://www.icann.org/annualreport/an...-2006-2007.pdf

And that's one where an "original" pdf is available. I'd hate to see
what it looked like if someone tore a printed copy apart and tried to
scan it (or the time that would take).
--
Roland Perry