Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall

In article , "Joseph Meehan" wrote:
"SteveB" wrote in message

"Joseph Meehan" wrote

I agree that we need to look at all the data. I welcome it. The
problem is I have not found it and it appears others have not been able
find it. We are all working with insuficent data.

You're joking and you're just a troll pulling everyone's chain, right?

Look at all the data? Preposterous! Non-crimes, those that were
thwarted, are not reported a lot, and if they are, they are not entered
into the crime statistic database much of the time.

Any reasonable man can find statistics to support any preconceived
conclusion. Dealing with reality is a little different.

Joseph, you are really getting to be a bore.

Steve

I am an economist. We live by examining data and trying to make sense
out of it. I believe gun control and the right to own guns are both
important issues and should be approached from a position of knowledge not
ignorance and gut feelings.

I am looking for an answer.

Not really, you're not. You've already been given plenty of answers, but
you're disregarding the ones that conflict with your a priori biases. Start by
reading "More Guns, Less Crime" by John Lott.

--
Regards,