Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default chipped TV screen

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:54:53 -0800, Howie wrote:

Hi!

We have a older CRT TV screen that has a few small chips (5 in total)
in it, courtesy of our 2-year old hammering on it with a small toy
plastic hammer.

Most of the chips are the size of a pin-head, but one is big enough
to make it really annoying to watch hockey (it looks like the
puck!)... any advice on what can be done? Clear nail polish?

The general consensus in the electronics repair group I subscribe to
and where this question is frequently asked is that attempts at
repairing scratches or chips or other defects doesn't improve viewing
and in some cases can cause additional visual distortions.

I agree. Continued viewing may allow the OP to become used to the chips so
that they become less bothersome. On the other hand, what a great excuse for
getting that new big-screen plasma TV :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com