Posted to alt.home.repair
Floyd L. Davidson Floyd L. Davidson is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

"Dave Bugg" wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:51:23 -0800, Dave Bugg
wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:53:16 +0000 (UTC), Don Klipstein
wrote:
In
,
z wrote in part:

Maybe the outdoor bulbs are designed to fire at lower temps
than the indoor bulbs?

Anyway, yeah, electric heat is cheaper

Where? Not USA national average, nor the metropolitan areas
of NYC, Chicago or Philadelphia.

electric heat isn't cheaper anywhere.

Really? Here in Douglas County, WA our residential electric rate
is .0185 per KW hour. We have cold winters and hot summers. My
home is 2400 Sq Ft and is total electric. My average bill is
$52.00 per month. Of course our Public Utility District owns
its two hydro dams, and sells the surplus electricity on the
open market at market prices.

0.0185 what per KWH? cents? dollars?

How do you get dollars from 0.0185 ? Doesn't the decimal point
indicate something?

How would you rationalize anything other than dollars
from 0.0185/KWH???

I don't need to rationalize simple math. If you have a problem
understanding the meaning of a decimal, feel free to ask a 5th
grader.

You do realize that 0.0185 *dollars* is exactly what he
was talking about, and that $0.0185 is equal to 1.85 cents.

Oh, semantics to try and backstep, eh? If you had meant a fraction of a
dollar, you should have said ...'0.0185 of a dollar'. By using the word
'Dollars' indicating a plurality, you were mistakenly thinking dollars,
instead of cents.

Or don't you grok decimals at all?

I grok just fine. But you seem to be groping.

Your grope is getting to be nothing but the whine of the
confused.

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)