Posted to alt.home.repair
cloud dreamer cloud dreamer is offline

Default Ride-on Mower w/Snowblower

wrote:
On Jan 1, 6:37 pm, cloud dreamer wrote:
Mark Witczak wrote:
Let's face it, your driveway is not that big. Either will do the job in
a matter of minutes. And both will have to be set high to avoid picking
up stones. So now you've got to look at other factors: cost, storage,
maintenance.
A ride-on will be more expensive (ie. $1200 for the ride-on + $1200 for
blower attachment), takes more space to store, and has more parts to
maintain. You will be able to use it to cut grass in the summer. It's a
4 season tool.
A snow blower will be cheaper (ie $1200), take up less space in your
garage/shed, and require less maintenance.
I used a ride-on for 3 years before I gave in and switched to the
snowblower. I found it easier to use and faster than the ride-on.
Good Luck,
Mark

I have both a regular snowblower and lawn mower - both stored in a
spacious garage...I'm looking at the ride-on simply because I'm
physically having difficulty doing both.

I'm trying to weigh the ride on and its abilities against hiring someone
to do it all for me. Around here, that can run upwards of $1500 a year
or more...so cost and storage isn't too much of a concern...I guess one
thing I really need to know is that a ride on pushing a blower can climb
the gradual slope of my driveway with hard snow/ice under the wheels
while clearing 50 cm of snow.

..

--

We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.

To us Yanks down here...if you said half-a-meter, we would have a
better idea of what you meant! 8^)

Or 20"