Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] wm_walsh@hotmail.com is offline

Default How much does speaker polarity matter?

Hi!

Try a test CD where a train or car goes from the left to right
speakers. If it sounds "real", then you got it right.

I must have it right then. Both speakers are wired exactly the same
way. I was careful to be sure of that and even used different colored
wire. The "+" lead is red while the "-" is black. Stereo separation is
excellent, and sounds that do move "across" from one speaker to the
other do sound "real". In fact, it's quite surprising how good the
sound really is. The speakers are small, so they don't have a whole
lot of bass, but otherwise the sound is good, if a bit centered on the
midrange.

I forgot to mail you the PS2 boards. I also found some Dallas
clock blobs. Sorry. Still want them?

Yep. Dallas clock blobs (!!!) are also interesting. I have been
reworking them...maybe I mentioned that.

William