Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default "tp clean" message from cassette player = ???

"Vacillator" wrote in message
Hi,

Every time I put a cassette into the tape player in my truck, I get
a message on the led saying "TP CLEAN".

'What does it mean ? Does it mean it wants me to clean something, like
the tape, or perhaps the tape head ???

Or is it telling me that the tape I am playing, or the tape head, is
"clean", and that all is well????

Verb or adjective ?????

Thanks

"TP" = Tape Path maybe ? In my long experience of servicing consumer
electronics, I've never known manufacturers to waste time and space putting
up messages to tell you that things are ok. Any 'cryptic' message that
appears on a display, is usually an error message, so I'm thinking verb. Is
this something that has recently appeared ? Does the tape sound ok ie
balanced sound from both left and right channels, clean, clearly audible
snare drums and cymbals, and no warble to the sound ? Does the user guide
not say anything about the message ? If the player is a factory fit, you
could try asking your nearest main dealer if they have come across it.

Arfa