Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tiling on new plaster surface

Mark wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:12:03 -0000, "Jack Fate"
wrote:

As part of the bathroom refit I had the room replastered ( several weeks ago
so I am happy it has dried out )

I will shortly be fixing the part tiling. ( ceramic 250 mm x 330 mm x 8mm)
.

I presume that the virgin plaster will require some sort of treatment prior
to the tile fixing.
PVA ? what strength.

If part of the tiled area will be used for a shower then I would say
it is important to waterproof the plaster before tiling.

M.

I would say it isn't, and I never did, and there are zero problems.

A long as the gruout in the tiles is proper stuff no water gets behind
the tiles.