Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Jules Jules is offline

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 01:59:16 +0000, magwitch wrote:
It seems to me that a lot of the
very strong advocates for increased teleworking are those who
themselves fall into the minority of people who don't like spending
much time with others.
They actually prefer to spend it WORKING.

Or reading Usenet, or making themselves coffee, or watching TV, or
buying stuff on eBay, or going for a walk.

Yep all that ;-) *after* you have delivered the set project to deadline
and ascertained it has been signed off. Well you deserve it really... as
maybe you worked until 2:00 to finish it off, not possible in an office
70 miles away when public transport finishes around 12:00 pm.

Back when I was doing software development work, I used to get far
more done working from home than I did when in the office - and I could
be sat on the sofa or out in the garden while I was doing it. People
still knew where I was and how to get hold of me, but the fact that I
wasn't in their physical presence meant that there were far fewer
distractions.

On top of that, I saved myself two hours of commuting each day, so there
was plenty of extra non-work time left over for distractions.

cheers

Jules