Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

"Mark" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:55:23 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Feel free to add...
1. CFL lightbulbs.
2. Taxing 4x4s out of existence.
3. Recycling paper and glass.
4. Prince Charles.
5. Greenpeace.
6. FOE.
7. Windmills
8. Speed humps

I don't recall anyone claiming that speed humps will save the planet.
They have quite the opposite effect.

9. Bicycles.
10. Compulsory vegetarianism. (compulsory homosexuality might: Now
there's a thought)
11. God.
12. Al Gore.
13. Switching off your 5W telly overnight.
14. Biofuel.
15. Hydrogen fuel.
16. Pretending climate change isn't happening.
17. Accepting that it is, but denying it's man made, with the implicit
corollary that that means nothing need/can be done about it.
18. Saving the whale/great crested newt/lesser spotted amoeba/...add
anything you like here.
19. Wave power.
20. Solar energy.
21. Banning aeroplanes.
22. Banning fox hunting.

....that's a starter

Add any more items of particularly pernicious greenwash ********...that
you like..

23. Nuclear power

Just a point - the planet will be absolutely fine, with or without the fine
and rather thin green scum on the surface that is us and will twirl merrily
on its way round the solar system long after we are gone.

I believe we are referring to saving this scum (otherwise known as the
biosphere).

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)