Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc

Default 1001 things that won' t save the planet. Or even come close.

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher writes:
tony sayer wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:13:52 +0000, The Natural Philosopher put finger
to keyboard and typed:
Of COURSE they prefer it!

Work is mostly essentially boring: Thats why you pay to have it done.

Some work probably is boring, and some people will be bored
by any work. I am perhaps fortunate to have found most of my
work very interesting. I aim to make my teams enjoy working,
and from the feedback I've had, they do. When selecting new
staff, my most important criteria is judging how well they
will work in the team they would be joining.

Nah!, work is a game which you have -team players- for ce ne pas?...

Not in most corporates I have known. The game is essentially political,
how to get the credit for, and pas the blame for, a particular job while
doing as little of it yourself as you can.

There is politics in every company, but the extent varies enormously.
I've worked in companies at both extremes, and the highly political
ones I've worked in don't work (and mostly don't exist any more),
as politics tends to keep incompetent people in too many positions,
particularly key ones. Politics can be particularly damaging to
effective team working, and ineffective teams represent significant
wasted resources, and thus a competitive disadvantage.

--
Andrew Gabriel