Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Philips 36" CRT TV shuts down with no picture

"Nick Alexander" wrote in message
I have a Philips 36" widescreen 36PW9525/79R that won't power up
properly. The sounds comes on, and it seems that it is just as the
tube is being powered up, it shuts down. (There is a white flash of
raster on the screen) Then the power LED just flashes red.

I opened it up, blew all the dust out, and got it to power up properly
once with picture and sound, but then as soon as everything was put
back together, it failed again.

I realise from reading various other posts that this could be any
number of things, but I have also seen how in at least on case, the
experts were ablt to predict what the fault was.

Can anyone help? I can't really afford another TV just at present ...

Goes white and shuts down - sounds like the 200 volt line is down to me...

Mark Z.