Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mortice lock removal

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Dave wrote:

Took a well bent and obviously very well used piece if wire that was a
fair bit thicker than a coat hanger and proceeded to fish for the
un-lock button. I presume this wire was used at both ends so that he
could hook it around the button that sticks out of the door where the
glass starts and others where you unlock a different way.

He wasn't there 5 minutes before he was driving off. Just goes to show
how easy it is, to get into a car without breaking a window. :-(

I'm sure it still is easy; but for that reason not many cars these days
have unlock buttons that can be hooked; ie, the are more like rods than
golf-tees.

Most pros use slim steel tools to go down the side of the glass to the
inside of the door and hook up the button or operating lever. For this
reason decent cars have deadlocks which disable the pop up button
operation. Also shrouds round the lock to try and prevent access to it.
But only partially effective.

--
*Money isn't everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.