Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default rinnai vs rheem tankless

S. Barker wrote:
I have but one question. What is the maximum water temperature you can get
continously? I see you're in Texas. I suppose the incoming water probably
never drops below about 75 degrees eh?

steve

Please don't top post.

I have not put a thermometer on it, but I cannot put my hand
in the water with just the hot water faucet turned on. You
can be scalded by the water coming out of the faucet.

Water temperature at the lake where our water comes from is at
60 degrees right now. I don't know the actual water
temperature when it comes into the house. But it is probably
about 60-70 degrees most of the time.

"Robert Allison" wrote in message

I don't sell them. I am a general contractor. They are just one of the
new popular items since people have become aware of them and how much
energy use they can save. I haven't seen any of my customers complain
about them. The last one that I installed cost $845, the install was 300
dollars and she got a 200 dollar rebate from the city.

I have one, with two baths, a kitchen, dishwasher and wife and 2 kids.
Haven't run out of hot water since I put it in. I got a Rinnai and it has
been performing for 5 years now. I cannot compare energy savings head to
head, because I went from an electric water heater, to a gas tankless, but
my electric bill went down by $45 dollars a month (It averages about
250-300 per month).

You seem to be trying to convince people that they are spawn from hell and
I am just trying to present the honest facts. I think you are the one who
is biased. It makes no difference to me what the homeowner wants to
install, I make money on the whole job, not just one part.

--
Robert Allison Rimshot, Inc.
Georgetown, TX

--