Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Goodbye 100w, 75w Incandescent Lamps

, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 01:51:23 -0800, Dave Bugg wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:53:16 +0000 (UTC), Don Klipstein
wrote:
In
,
z wrote in part:

Maybe the outdoor bulbs are designed to fire at lower temps than the
indoor bulbs?

Anyway, yeah, electric heat is cheaper

Where? Not USA national average, nor the metropolitan areas of NYC,
Chicago or Philadelphia.

electric heat isn't cheaper anywhere.

Really? Here in Douglas County, WA our residential electric rate is .0185
per KW hour. We have cold winters and hot summers. My home is 2400 Sq Ft and
is total electric. My average bill is $52.00 per month. Of course our
Public Utility District owns its two hydro dams, and sells the surplus
electricity on the open market at market prices.

0.0185 what per KWH? cents? dollars?

This does sound to me like .0185 dollars per KWH, 1.85 cents per KWH,
which is less than 1/5, probably more like 1/6 of the USA national average
per-KWH-portion (as opposed to fees not related to quantity used) of
residential electricity cost.

Accordingly, incandescent lighting costs a lot less in Douglas County WA
than in most of elsewhere in the USA.

- Don Klipstein )