Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default peel and stick tiles

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
news:OoDej.818$v_4.690@trnddc03...
SteveB wrote:

SWMBO picked out some peel and stick tiles. The sales geek sold us a
gallon of floor prep and confidently told us we shouldn't have any
problem sticking it to new concrete. There's a little overspray along
the baseline from the airless, but the rest of the floor is/will be
pretty clean. I'm going to use 4" wide razor scrapers, a broom, and a
mop. I'll go around and get all the overspray knocked loose that I can.

I'm hoping for the best, but these tiles look a little cheesy. How has
your experience been? Should I rent a roller? Application temps are low
right now. Should I wait until it warms up? I have a double head
propane heater, so could get the three small rooms it's going into very
warm, save for the concrete, and that would take days to warm up
completely.

What say ye?

Steve

I would either throw them away, or I would put them down with regular tile
adhesive. I have never seen them installed where they did not come up
over time. And usually a short time at that.

--
Robert Allison Rimshot, Inc.
Georgetown, TX

They are safely back at the Borg. When I heard of how they didn't stick in
cold weather, that did it. It's not over about fifty during the day here
and in the teens at night. We decided to get the glue down carpet at the
Borg. Got it in the office and storage room, and it's good. Only slightly
more, too. We live in the middle of sand dunes. I think there would be
noticeable wear patterns in traffic routes very quickly.

Steve