Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Adding air to a well tank - HOW MUCH?

On Jan 1, 6:25*am, wrote:
I have a well tank with bladder. *I recall something about the amount
needs to be 2 lbs more or is it 2 lbs less than the turn ON switch
setting. *Which is it? *My switch turns on at 31 and off at 48. *The
pump is cycling constantly when I turn on the water, so the air
pressure must be way off. *Just to fill the toilet tank, the pump goes
on and off at least 4 times, and that's like 5 gallons or so.

Harry

I didn't see it mentioned and just in case:

Proper way to add air. Turn off power to pump, drain tank, add air,
turn power back on.

You may have a 'low pressure cut-off' circuity in the pressure switch,
if so, you have to hold in a button, or a switch that is on the
pressure switch until the pressure builds past the 'cut-in' point when
you turn the power back on.
Haryr K