Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default How can I automatically tap 500 holes in 5/16-18 thread size using a hand drill or drill press?

wrote in message
If I bougth this procunier #2 tool off of ebay what is the best place
to buy the 5/16th collette from?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Procunier-No-2-T...d= p1638.m118

Also I remember when I assembled my drill press I fit the chuck on,
but what's the best way to remove it now? Just use a crow bar?

That one is a little pricey for one without any collets. $75 is more
reasonable.

Ebay collets go out at 8-15 bucks each. Retail on the collets from the usual
suspects (msc, mcmaster carr, etc) is 25 or 26 bucks.

If you don't have a morse taper on your drill press, the procuniers also
come with a 1/2 in straight shank that you just mount in the chuck. I
changed mine to a morse taper because it was too long with the extra length
of the chuck.

Paul K. Dickman