Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default A Woody Allen Moment

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 13:06:32 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:53:29 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I had a Woody Allen moment, straight out of "Annie Hall", last
evening...

I'm out at the barby introducing five lobsters to their "evening warm
bath", when a particularly feisty one jerks so hard he managed to get
loose from my tongs and took off across the counter top.

If there wasn't a step-up at the edge, he'd have been scurrying across
the desert landscape ;-)

...Jim Thompson

We had six people, four crabs, one loaf of bread, and two giant
bottles of Chimay red label. There's leftovers to make crab cakes. Of
course, we saved a little room for flaming bananas.

Sounds good!

I went once to a wonderful, grubby little joint on the Ile de Re. The
protocol is that you go in and sit at a crude wooden table. A dour guy
comes over and throws a couple of live lobsters on the table. You
scowl, he shruggs, and he takes them away and brings a couple of
bigger ones. When you're finally satisfied, he broils them, in a
couple of minutes, and brings them back with a bottle of white wine
that has no cork or label. Good.

Them's the best kind of places ;-)

Haven't had a serious work-related email in at least 2 weeks, so I'm
just cleaning up, piles of papers and magazines at work and home, and
all sorts of cables and parts and notes and stuff to organize. We work
in a very messy business.

John

Actually I had an emergency request for design verification but, yep,
this is generally a slow time of year... which is good... gives me
time to help around the house for holiday prep, which keeps the wife
happy.

I'm doing the same as you today, trying to find the surface of the
desk ;-)

Time to go outside in the frigid near 70°F weather ;-) and cut up all
the cardboard waste from Christmas into the recycle bin.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |